Claim To Fame:
- Has studied with Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia
- Has performed at the Indian Embassy by invite in Washington DC
- Has performed for the 2016 White House Diwali celebration hosted by Vice President Joe Biden
- Specializes in Bansuri tone
- Well versed in Carnatic and Hindustani Bansuri
- Has developed a specialized Carnatic playing style to make Carnatic music more fluid on bansuri
Anand began his initial training in Carnatic flute under the tutelage of Sri V.K. Raman, a senior disciple of Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr. N Ramani. Shortly afterwards Anand began to concurrently study Hindustani music under the tutelage of Sri Deepak Ram and Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia. Anand currently takes advanced training in Carnatic music under Sri Delhi P. Sunderrajan. In the past Anand has played in numerous recordings. fusion, ghazal, dance programs and solo classical concerts in both USA and India.